Top 10 Smallest countries in the world I’m sure you never heard about these places.
In the world of 195 countries, we probably think that country means a big massive area with a large number of population. but we wrong.
Here is the list of Top 10 Smallest countries in the world. Smallest means these countries smaller than your cities.
Top 10: Malta – 316 km2
Malta officially known as the Republic of Malta is a Southern European island country consisting of an archipelago in the Mediterranean Sea. with a population of 475,700 and total country GDP $14.873 billion
Top 9 : Maldives – 298 km²
The Maldives is an Asian country, located in the Indian Ocean, situated in the Arabian Sea. It lies southwest of Sri Lanka and India. with population 427,756(2016 data) and total country GDP $7.396 billion.
Top 8: Saint Kitts and Nevis – 261 km²
Saint Kitts and Nevis were also known as the Federation of Saint Christopher and Nevis is an island country in the West Indies. Located in the Leeward Islands chain of the Lesser Antilles, it is the smallest sovereign state in the Western Hemisphere, in both area and population. The country is a Commonwealth realm, with Queen Elizabeth II as head of state. with the population of 54,821(2016 data) and Total country GDP $1.458 billion( 2016)
Top 7: Marshall Islands – 181 km²
The Marshall Islands, officially the Republic of the Marshall Islands is an island country and the United States associated state near the equator in the Pacific Ocean, slightly west of the International Date Line. Geographically, the country is part of the larger island group of Micronesia. The country’s population of 53,158 people is spread out over 29 coral atolls, comprising 1,156 individual islands and islets. with GDP $115 million(2001)
Top 6 : Liechtenstein – 160 km²
Liechtenstein is bordered by Switzerland to the west and south and Austria to the east and north. It has an area of just over 160 square kilometres (62 square miles), the fourth smallest country in Europe and has a population of 37,877. Divided into 11 municipalities, its capital is Vaduz, and its largest municipality is Schaan. It is also the smallest country to border two countries. with GDP $5.3 billion(2013)
Top 5: San Marino – 61 km²
San Marino Surrounded completely by Italy, San Marino is also known as the Most Serene Republic of San Marino. With a total of 61 square kilometres, it is the fifth smallest country in the world. it claims to be the oldest surviving sovereign state in the
Top 4: Tuvalu – 26 km²
Tuvalu is also known as Ellice Islands, Tuvalu is located in the Pacific Ocean northeast of Australia. With a total of 26 square kilometres, Tuvalu is the fourth smallest country in the world. There are about 10,000 inhabitants, with 8 km of roads, and only one hospital present on the main island. The country was once a British territory but became independent in 1978. Due to the country’s location further afield, tourism is not very significant. In 2010, less than 2,000 visitors came to Tuvalu, with 65% of them coming for business. with GDP $39 million(2017)
Top 3: Nauru – 21 km²
An island nation located east of Australia, Nauru is the smallest island country in the world. It was known in the 1980s for its booming phosphate mining but is now a quiet island off the radar of tourists. Formerly known as Pleasant Island, its phosphate resources are now depleted, leading to a 90% national unemployment rate, with the remaining 10% employed by the government. Nauru is also known as the country with the most obese people in the world, with 97% of its men and 93% of women being obese or overweight. Because of this, Nauru is also home to the world’s highest level of type 2 diabetes, with 40% of its population suffering from the ailment. Nauru has a total of 21 square kilometres, which makes it the world’s third smallest country. with GDP $114 million(2017)
Top 2: Monaco – 2 km²
Located on the French Riviera, Monaco is home to the largest number of millionaires and billionaires in the world per capita. It is also the world’s second smallest country, with only 2 square
Top 1: Vatican City – 0.44 km² The smallest country in the world
The world’s smallest country is the Vatican, also known as the Holy See. With only 0.44 square kilometres, Vatican City is the world’s smallest country by land area. This country fits entirely within the Italian capital city of
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.